|Kooka is a raster image scan program|
Kooka is an intuitive, easy to use open source GNU/Linux scan program. It is the scan application of choice for the KDE platform and thus it is an official part of the KDE Graphics Package.
- Scanner support using the SANE library.
- Handling of the important scanner options like resolution, mode, threshold etc. in a user-friendly dialog.
- Preview- and final scanning
- Interactive and automatic scan area selection on a preview pane.
- Image Storage
- The save assistant helps you to find the correct image format for your purpose and creates a filename for you automatically.
- Images are stored in the gallery - no need to find a folder to save for every test scan.
- The Image Gallery
- A treeview organized place where your images are stored.
- Create and remove folders to organize your image collections.
- Intelligent zooming for best viewing comfort.
- Basic image manipulation functions like rotating, cropping and more.
- Image printing in original and custom size.
- Correct handling of picky tiff images like multipage tiffs.
- Drag and drop with other KDE applications.
- Kooka supports GOCR, an open source ocr project.
- Kooka works with KADMOS, a commercial OCR/ICR toolbox.
- Kooka interfaces Ocrad, a Free Software OCR program.
- KDE Scan Service
- The libkscan provides a user-friendly scan service to all other KDE applications which want to use it.
- - Project website (not up-to-date)
This page was last edited on 26 November 2018, at 05:59. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.