Kronometer is a stopwatch application. Kronometer is free software and it's released under the GPLv2 license.
Kronometer's main features are the following:
- Start/pause/resume the stopwatch widget
- Laps recording: you can capture the stopwatch time when you want and add a note to it
- Lap times sorting: you can easily find the shortest lap time or the longest one
- Reset the stopwatch widget and the lap times
- Time format settings: you can choose the stopwatch granularity
- Times saving and resuming: you can save the stopwatch status and resume it later
- Font customization: you can choose the fonts for each of the stopwatch digits
- Color customization: you can choose the color for the stopwatch digits and the stopwatch background
- Lap times export: you can export the lap times on a file using the JSON or CSV format
- Kronometer latest version: 2.3.0
- Source code: kronometer-2.3.0.tar.xz
- SHA256: go to the mirrors page
- Mirrors: go to the mirrors page
Older versions are available in the downloads page.
sudo pacman -S kronometer
apt install kronometer
Kronometer is currently packaged for Fedora 33, 34, 35 and Rawhide in an external repository:
dnf copr enable andreamtp/kronometer
dnf install kronometer
kcp -i kronometer
nix-env -iA kde5.kronometer
sudo zypper install kronometer
flatpak --user remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
flatpak --user install flathub org.kde.kronometer
Compile from sources
The following installation instructions are distro-agnostic, i.e. they should work on all the Linux distributions.
- Download the latest source files archive from the link above
- Extract the archive in your preferred directory
- Open a terminal in that directory and run the following commands:
mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`qtpaths --install-prefix` ..
sudo make install
Now you should have Kronometer installed under /usr/bin and it should be available under the Utility entry in the Application Launcher of Plasma (or any other XDG-compliant menu).
- Qt 5.0.0 or above, only the following modules:
- KDE Frameworks 5.15.0 or above, only the following modules:
- CMake 3.1 or above
- Extra CMake Modules 1.6.0 or above
- GCC or Clang.
Go to the changelog page.
Please use the official KDE Bugtracking system if you find a bug. You can also use it if you have a feature request.
Kronometer provides a KDE-compliant documentation, which is available within the installed application by clickingunder the menu. The documentation is also available online on the KDE servers: