The newly added section might be a bit cryptic to som users. In
- 'If you find that most of your music is recognised by Amarok, but some folders are not properly picked up, 'touch' those folders, and the next scan will index them.',
I would suggest that the last two subparagraphs (from 'touch') are replaced by something like
- open a console and type touch folder where folder is the path to the folder, and then restart Amarok.
(or whatever it takes to force a rescan). Is that too much detail? --Claus chr 18 September 2009
- fair comment. I was in a hurry to get the information down before going to a meeting, and afraid that I'd forget to do it if I left it until later. I'm not sure whether restarting Amarok is the best advice, so I've put in a compromise statement :-) Feel free to alter it if you know Amarok better than I do. --annew 16:18, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- I was just guessing. It turns out You are right, though. There is an option in the settings dialog to rescan the collection. I added a line to explain that. --Claus chr 20 September 2009
I don't understand the recently added comment in the Device Support section. I can't find any "Toggle Unified View Mode". Is this relevant to the current release serien of Amarok? If it is, I think this comment should be elaborated a bit. --Claus chr 10 November 2009
- The button is in the left panel at the top. I will try to make the article clearer. --Nightrose 15:39, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for clarifying this. I still can't find it in my Amarok which i v. 2.1.1, but I think I found it in the screenshots. I guess this button is a recent addition to the interface. --Claus chr 11 November 2009
This page was last edited on 11 November 2009, at 17:53. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.