|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Move to Category Translation||4||03:53, 24 December 2012|
Content in this page is actually about Category Translation. Category Translation is more specific and easier to be found.
The page Category Translation is an old page that was used for discussions about our use of categories. It has served its purpose and is only of historic interest. Why is it easier to find? Did you find a link somewhere, use the Admin category or do a search? I'm interested to know how you prefer to navigate UserBase.
I agree our pages for translators and other contributors should be easier to navigate. Any ideas?
Here is the steps:
- I want to know how category should be translated
- Search for "translation" and found "Translation Workflow", read it with no info about category
- I did see "Translation Help Needed" in the search result, but do not think it related to Category. So here is what need to improve: The title did not reflect what the content is".
- Trying to navigate through "Category Tree", but it is a little hard because Category:Admin is a hidden category and I did not realize that at first.
- Found Category Translation, see a empty page with long talk page.
- At last reach Translation Help Needed. I did read it before, but thought Category_Translations_Vietnamese_Chinese is one kind of Chinese used by Vietnam :). So update the page to make it clear zh_CN is covered.
Thanks for your input. We are currentling thinking about the organization of the userbase pages for various contributors. I see now that we also need to deal with obsolete pages to avoid confusion.
Probably the best way to find info on translating categories is to use the link in the right margin (third link under the heading Translators - or whatever that translates to :)
I'll edit Translation Workflow to make it very clear that it is obsolete and add a proper link, as well.