This page is a translated version
of the page Telepathy
and the translation is 10% complete.
|This is a new page, currently under construction!|
|Please add general information about KDE Telepathy above the FAQ section, and paste questions and answers from forums or mailing lists into the FAQ section|
KDE Telepathy provides a suite of applications for a full instant messaging experience.
How do I add a new IM accounts
- Click on an IM network and follow the steps.
How do I add a contact
Open the contact list. Click
in the toolbar. You will then need to select which of your accounts the contact should be added to and then enter the ID/Email Address of the contact you wish to add.
How can I have quick access to my online state, and easily open the contact list
Right click on the system tray. System tray settings. Under
How can I make the contact list dock to the systray
You can't. Perform the steps above for something better.
How do I add a Google Talk account if I use 2-step verification
This guide assumes you have installed KWallet.
- Click on the Google Talk icon.
- You might see a warning about additional plugins. Check that they are installed.
- Enter your email address and your password. Finish the wizard.
- You should then see a window. There should be two fields if you run KWallet for the first time, one if you have already created a wallet. Use any password you want.
Integrate the KDE-Telepathy VoIP module into KAddressBook
- Enter the following command: ktp-dialout-ui %n
Clicking on a telephone number in KAddressBook will open the KDE-Telepathy VoIP dialog. Select your ID (if you have more than one) and start your call.
Where are chat logs stored
Chat logs are stored in ~/.local/share/TpLogger
How to view which account is being used for the contact in the chat window
- Right click on the chat window toolbar and select
- Search for Account Icon on the left side and add it to the right side (by clicking the right arrow)
Now you can see an account icon at the end of the toolbar, which gives a helpful indication of the account being used.
Tips and Tricks
- When chatting you can click on an emoticon to change it back into text. This is useful when receiving code which accidentally is rendered into smilies.
This page was last modified on 2 September 2015, at 19:06. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.