While KDE Workspace users can alter the fonts used throughout the workspace and in applications, the visual design uses Oxygen as the reference typeface.
- Text is treated like any other graphic element when considering spacing and alignment
- The number of typeface variations (bold, italic, size, caps, color) are kept to about three in any single design.
- Multi-line blocks of text are either left or right aligned; center alignment for multi-line text is avoided.
- Short phrases and simple words are favored instead verbose, technical jargon:
- Put the most important thing first.
- Short words, active verbs and common nouns.
- Reduce redundancy. e.g. Don’t repeat the dialog title in the dialog text.