Work In Progress about help/contribute stuff
I can see so far 3 pages concerning it:
- Help:Contents which talks about What is Userbase, some guidelines, and some guide to contribute.
- Quick_Start which talks about What is Userbase
- UserBase/Guidelines which is actually more a "Code of conduct": license problem, be nice with other, mixed with some advices to contribute
- Rename link to Help:Contents as "Contribute" in the side-bar, and focus on this page on the step-by-step contribute starting guide.
- Clean Quick_Start so that it talks only about what is Userbase, and link it through a "What is Userbase" or "Help" link in the sidebar.
- Clean the Guidelines so that it talks about the code of conduct, move everything related to contribute howto on the Contribute (Help:Contents) page.
Potential outline for the 3 pages
--> just a renaming of the 'How to contribute' current section
Who can contribute?
"everyone can, and actually you don't even need an account, but it's better because ... and ... and you can be awarded in the top contributors ;p"
Get a new account
What content belongs to KDE Userbase
Where to put new articles
same content + the review and policy conventions sections appended.
Type your changes
Summarize your changes
Preview before saving
Tracking further modifications of the page
Watching a page
Tips for translators
-copy the original version to your target language version
-edit inlines or in an outside editor and copy back
-watch the original page for further modifications, so that you can sync your translation if necessary
Use the History page of the original version to compare versions - you can quickly see where the changes are
What is UserBase
This section looks perfect to me already
Ready to contribute
I would shorten it and redirect to the "Contribute" (formerly Help:Contents) page.
This page was last modified on 21 June 2011, at 18:38. This page has been accessed 2,632 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 and the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.