如何与其他 KDE 用户沟通聊天
Chat in a Browser
解惑最好的一个办法是问其他使用者。IRC（Internet Relay Chat的缩写，“因特网中继聊天”）就是拿来干这个的。参与其中，可以帮到自己也能帮到别人。加入 KDE 聊天，这样做，
- 选择频道, 输入
于是，你便可与整个 #kde 或 #kde-cn 频道的人对话。
全部频道列表在 这里。要加入另外一个频道（比如说 fedora），输入
Setting up Konversation
Konversation is one of the easiest applications to set up that you'll ever meet. Most of the settings have defaults that are perfect, so here is what you need to do:
- Find Konversation in your menu and launch it
- The address of a Freenode server is already listed
- Type the name that you want to be your username in the small box at the bottom left of the screen. If it is not already in use, it's yours for the session.
- The long bar below the chat window is where you enter all your text, so first you need to join a channel. Enter, for example,
/join #kde-esif you want to talk to KDE users in Spain.
That's it! You're on your way!
Some optional settings for your convenience
The channel you have joined shows in a tab along the bottom of the window. Right-click on the tab. Two helpful settings there are:
- (from the settings window you can tell it to play a sound if someone says your name, for instance)
- - automatically connecting you with the channels you have found useful, next time you connect.
In themenu there are a few very useful ones to consider:
- - there you can set the name that you prefer to use. It is wise to have a couple of variations (most people add an underscore at the end of their name, for instance, as a second choice) so that if your name is in use, Konversation will fall back to the second choice. You need not set anything in the other two tabs on that page.
- choose a flashing taskbar, a sound, or "Mark taskbar entry" which colours the tab for the things you most need to be aware of. I would suggest these as your starting list:
- (someone wants to have a private conversation with you)
You can add others later if you find them useful.