Revision as of 11:24, 8 August 2012 by Claus chr (Moved kde3 and kde4 templates into separate units)
|Juk is audio jukebox.|
- Collection list and multiple user defined playlists
- Ability to scan directories to automatically import playlists and music files on start up
- Dynamic Search Playlists that are automatically updated as fields in the collection change.
- A Tree View mode where playlists are automatically generated for sets of albums, artists and genres.
- Playlist history to indicate which files have been played and when.
- Inline search for filtering the list of visible items.
- The ability to guess tag information from the file name or using MusicBrainz online lookup.
- File renamer that can rename files based on the tag content.
- ID3v1, ID3v2 and Ogg Vorbis tag reading and editing support (via TagLib).
- An easy to use, playlist and metadata focused interface with several playlist types:
- Collection List where the entire database of music is shown and automatically updated based on folders the user has indicated contain their music collection
- Search Playlists that allow for powerful combinations of search criteria to produce dynamically updated playlists
- Dynamic Lists which are produced by using multiple selection in the playlist selector and are a union of two or more playlists
- Folder Playlists which represent a single folder in the file system and are updated automatically based on its contents
- History Playlist which stores a history of the what the user has played
- Play Queue, an enhancement of the popular Play Next funtionality of previous versions that enables a manegable upcoming queue of items to be played
- Player and tag editor for several audio formats:
- MP3 (MPEG Layer 3 Audio)
- Ogg Vorbis
- FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
- MPC (MusePack)
- Multiple audio output backends:
- aRts (Default)
- GStreamer 0.8
- Inline search for quick filtering of the currently visible items
- MusicBrainz integration for file identification on over the Internet
- File renamer that renames files based on the tag content
- A powerful tag editor that works seemlessly with all supported music formats
- CD burning support via the popular K3b tool
- Visually attractive, but unobtrusive track announcements
- A Now Playing heads-up style title bar featuring the album cover, links to show more from the playing artist or album and a brief history of previously played items
- Cover art management via Google Image Search
- Random play including Album Random Play for randomly playing complete albums
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.