Starting Orca Screenreader
When orca is properly installed Plasma offers two ways to start it.
Plasma offers by default a shortcut to start the screenreader.
After you logged in, press Meta+Alt+S to turn the screenreader on or off.
To autostart orca after login:
- Go to System Settings
- Go to Section "Accessibility"
- Go to Tab "Screenreader"
- Check "Screenreader enabled" checkbox
- TODO enable eZoom plugin in KWin
Accessing the application launcher
- Alt+F1 opens the K-Menu Application launcher just fine.
- Alt+D is for configuring the Application launcher doesn't work but brings up KRunner.
The system tray is currently not accessible
- Ctrl + number switches to a virtual desktop. Use for example Ctrl+1 to access the first virtual desktop.
- Configuring virtual desktops: TODO
The lock screen is accessible.
- Ctrl-Alt-L locks the screen
- Use Tab to navigate the lock screen when active. There is one text edit for the password (type your password and press Enter to unlock).
- There are some additional buttons for shutdown and reboot.
- The username is a list that can be navigated with the left and right arrow keys to switch between users and start new sessions.
This page was last modified on 27 February 2019, at 10:49. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.