This page describes how to use the Plasma Next desktop using the keyboard.
Accessing the application launcher
- Alt+F1 opens the K-Menu Application launcher just fine.
- Alt+D is for configuring the Application launcher doesn't work but brings up KRunner.
- TODO how to put the focus on the system tray
- TODO moving to the next element in the tray
- TODO opening the menu of a tray icon
- TODO menus that exists, notifications
- Ctrl + number switches to a virtual desktop. Use for example Ctrl+1 to access the first virtual desktop.
- Configuring virtual desktops: TODO
The lock screen is accessible.
- Ctrl-Alt-L locks the screen
- Use Tab to navigate the lock screen when active. There is one text edit for the password (type your password and press enter to unlock).
- There are some additional buttons for shutdown and reboot.
- The username is a list that can be navigated with the left and right arrow keys to switch between users and start new sessions.
This page was last modified on 24 July 2014, at 12:29. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.