Home » Applications » Education » Cantor
Different backends in action.
Cantor is an application that lets you use your favorite mathematical applications from within a nice KDE-integrated Worksheet Interface. It offers assistant dialogs for common tasks and allows you to share your worksheets with others.
Four backends are currently available: Sage, Maxima, R and KAlgebra.
- Nice Worksheet view for evaluating expressions
- View of plotting results inside the worksheet or in a separate window
- Easy plugin based structure to add different backends
- GetHotNewStuff integration to upload/download example worksheets
- Typesetting of mathematical formulas using LaTeX
- Backend aware syntax highlighting
- Plugin based assistant dialogs for common tasks (like integrating a function or entering a matrix)
Sample plot using Maxima-backend
Sample plot using R-backend
This page was last modified on 6 November 2014, at 06:24. This page has been accessed 13,288 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 and the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.