Outdated translations are marked like this.
A Graphical Tool for formatting floppy disks
- Formattazione rapida o completa
- Controllo dei settori danneggiati (tramite verifica dell'integrità)
- Può aggiungere un'etichetta al disco
- Supporta opzioni a riga di comando
- Supporta i file system DOS, ext2, UFS e Minix
Un floppy non può essere formattato se è montato.
- Select the floppy drive which contains the media to be formatted
- Select the size of the floppy to be used. In most cases it is safe to leave this as "Auto-Detect", and should be changed only when encountering size related issues during formatting
- Select a filesystem to be used
- If the desired filesystem is not listed, check the box at the bottom of the window, it may provide a reason
- Not all supported filesystems are usable on floppy disks
- Select the type of format to perform
- Quick Format is as the name implies, the fastest process. It does check for bad blocks or other errors
- Zero out and quick format will overwrite each sector with zeroes. This should not be relied on for securely erasing a disk, only a quick method of destroying data
- Full format will format the media, and check for bad blocks and other filesystem defects if possible
- Check Verify Integrity if KFloppy is to check if the format was successful
- Provide a name for the floppy, if desired
- Click Format to format the media
Read about the full capabilities in the application's Handbook
This page was last edited on 26 December 2018, at 06:50. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.