An Action is a single activity isolated in the application, available for the user to execute. It can also be executed automatically as a reaction for a given event (e.g. after opening a form).
Many actions can be assigned to form button. The assigned action is executed after button is clicked.
To assign action:
- Switch to form's Design view if you have not done yet.
- Select the existing button widget by clicking on it or put a new button widget onto the form. If you inserted a new button, enter its title and press Enter key.
- Click the button widget with the right mouse button to display the context menu.
- From the context menu select
- An Assigning Action to Button dialog window will appear presenting a list of available actions. One of the actions is selected if the widget already has action assigned. Otherwise the Action category list has the item selected.
- From the Action category list select item. Available application-wide actions will be listed.
- Select one of the actions on the list (e.g. ).
After switching to the form's data view you can try whether the action works.
|To remove an action assignment, select the Action category list of the Assigning Action to Button dialog window.
item from the |
- Actions only work in the form's data view. Not every action's assignment is reasonable. For example, the action is available in data view, but only if you have a widget selected in the Design view. If you make changes to the font settings the changes are applied to the text of that selected widget.
This page was last modified on 25 May 2014, at 13:24. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.