- Before starting beta testing it's a good idea to make a backup of your configuration, stored in
~/.kde/share/config/konversationrcand your application data, stored in
- If you found a bug or have a feature request, let us know by filing it in the KDE Bug Tracker.
- CMake 2.8.2 or higher.
- Qt v4.7.0 or higher.
- kdelibs from KDE Platform v4.9.0 or higher.
- kdepimlibs from KDE Platform v4.4.0 or higher.
- Phonon from KDE Platform v4.4.0 or higher or Qt v4.6.0 and higher.
- Optional: Qt Cryptographic Architecture (QCA) v2.0.0 or higher for encryption support (Blowfish).
- kdebase-runtime from KDE Platform v4.4.0 or higher.
- Optional: A QCA provider plugin providing Diffie-Hellman key exchange and Blowfish ECB/CBC support for the encryption features; usually that plugin is qca-ossl.
- Optional: An installation of KDE's Konsole terminal emulator to provide the KPart component used by the console tabs feature.
- Optional: Python and Perl interpreters as well the bash shell for bundled scripts.
Manual checkout and update
To install the latest Konversation code for KDE Platform v4 from Git you first need to clone the repository. For read-only public access, use the following:
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/konversation --branch 1.5
If on the other hand you have a KDE developer account, use this instead to be able to push your changes to the repository later:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:konversation --branch 1.5
After having cloned the repository, go on like this:
cd konversation mkdir build cd build cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<desired install location> ../ make sudo make install
If you already did the above, just do the following whenever you want to update your checkout and installation:
cd konversation; git pull; cd build; make; sudo make install
See the links at the bottom of this page for more information on working with Git.