An Action is a single activity isolated in the application, available for the user to execute. It can also be executed automatically as a reaction for a given event (e.g. after opening a form).
Many actions can be assigned to form button. The assigned action is executed after button is clicked.
To assign action:
- Switch to form's Design view if you have not done yet.
- Select the existing button widget by clicking on it or put a new button widget onto the form. If you inserted a new button, enter its title and press Enter key.
- Click the button widget with the right mouse button to display the context menu.
- From the context menu select command.
- An Assigning Action to Button dialog window will appear presenting a list of available actions. One of the actions is selected if the widget already has action assigned. Otherwise the Action category list has the item selected.
- From the Action category list select item. Available application-wide actions will be listed.
- Select one of the actions on the list (e.g. ).
After switching to the form's data view you can try whether the action works.
- Actions only work in the form's data view. Not every action's assignment is reasonable. For example, the action is available in data view, but only if you have a widget selected in the Design view. If you make changes to the font settings the changes are applied to the text of that selected widget.