本文档论述 UserBase 网站对个人身份信息的留用。
关于 UserBase Wiki 的性质
UserBase is a public wiki. Any content submitted to UserBase is subject to the Creative Commons Share-Alike license, and the Gnu Free Document License. Links are provided on each page to the full text of the licenses. The authors of any edit, contribution, correction etc. are publicly identifiable and may be contacted by any other registered user.
UserBase may be read by any member of the public, without the creation of a registered account. Contribution in any form does, however, require the user to have a registered account. Registered users have a sidebar link to several Preferences pages. On the first page there is a field for entering an email address. This is optional, but it is recommended that you do enter one, as it may be impossible for us to help with a lost password if you do not. Your email address is not publicly viewable. Pages other than the first one are mainly for display preferences and should be browsed at your leisure.
您应该通过用户讨论页联系其他用户，以确保双方冠以 UserBase 的用户名。
Personally Identifiable Information is collected for the security and smooth running of UserBase. Examples of the use of this information includes, but is not limited to
- Public Accountability. When a user registers an account, no check is made regarding the identity of the user. In the case of a serious abuse occurring it is necessary that mechanisms exist for the investigation of the event.
- To provide statistics. In order to ensure smooth running mechanisms exist for statistics to be gathered from the raw logs of accesses. Information from those logs is not made public.
- To investigate technical problems. Raw logs may be examined by the system administrators when investigating any technical problem, including tracking down badly-behaved web-spiders.
Every effort is made protect personal information, but it is the user's responsibility to consider any possible consequence of information entered on the site. It should also be noted that before the introduction of the requirement to register in order to edit, any user editing without logging in was identified by his IP address, which is publicly viewable in the edit histories.
IP 和 其他技术信息
In the course of any contribution the IP address of the editor is securely registered on the server. It is expired after a fixed period. There is no public access to that information.
If your browser allows it cookies may be set either as session cookies or to maintain logged in status. Users are reminded that if they save a username and password in a browser, that information will be available for use for up to 30 days. Any contributor using a public machine is advised to clear all such cookies and browser caches.
All edits, contributions and translations are normally retained indefinitely and can be viewed in the Page History. Deleting a page hides it from view, but users in the higher levels of access groups will still be able to access the information. Permanent deletion will normally only occur when required by law.
UserBase offers RSS and Atom aggregation feeds. Aggregation is made according to the user's registration and login status. Other information regarding user contribution, such as the number of edits made, is publicly available in the User Contributions list on Special Pages.
阅读 UserBase 之时
UserBase securely logs accesses in the same way as other websites. That information is not publicly available.
The IP address of a contributor is stored for a time on the server. While system administrators can view that information it is not publicly available.
通过 UserBase 讨论页
Discussions normally take place either on user talk pages (associated with a user's personal page) or on talk pages associated with a page. Only your username is publicly visible although the server logs will have a record of your entry. Such discussions are controlled by the same privacy rules as other pages.
UserBase is run by volunteers, a small number of which have privileged access rights. Should you need to contact one of those at any time you are advised to consult Special:ListGroupRights. Access to personally identifiable information is limited to users with a high level of access rights.
Data not publicly available may be released by those with high access rights in any of the following circumstances:
- In response to a valid order from a legal entity
- At the request of, or with the permission of the owner of the information
- When necessary for the investigation of abuse complaints
- Where the information pertains to page views generated by a spider or bot and its dissemination is necessary to illustrate or resolve technical issues,
- Where there has been persistent vandalism, abuse or disruptive behaviour, information may be released to a service provider or carrier with a view to requesting a targeted IP block or initiating other complaints procedures.
- Where there is a threat to the rights, property or safety of UserBase, its users or the public.
Except as described here, it is the policy that personally identifiable information will not be released.
Should UserBase administrators receive a valid compulsory order from a law enforcement agency the administrators will attempt to reach the user in question by email to an address provided in the User Preferences page to notify him. This will normally happen within three business days of receipt of the order.
UserBase administrators would be compelled to comply with such an order, and cannot advise a user in such a case. However, the user would have the right to resist by filing a motion to quash the order. In that case legal advice should be sought. In this situation, UserBase administrators, on receipt of a court-filed motion to quash the order, would release no information until an order from the court to do so is received.
Users are not obliged to supply an email address. It should be noted that if no address is provided, it will not be possible to follow this procedure of notification.