Home » Applications » Multimedia » K9Copy
Software to backup your DVD. See footnote
- Ability to fit the contents of a dual layer DVD-9 onto a single layer DVD-5.
- Ability to retain or discard any content from the original disc such as the DVD menu, video titles, audio tracks, and subtitles explicitly.
- Configurable backup size (4400 MB by default).
- Backup can be stored on the user's hard drive as either an ISO image file or a DVD VIDEO TS folder.
- Ability to transfer the backup data to blank DVD±R media.
- Ability to use external DVD authoring software such as K3b to burn backups.
- ISO image file produced by K9Copy can be recorded to DVD by any software on any platform capable of recording ISO images to disc.
- Ability to back up a DVD to a video file (e.g. MPEG-4).
- Ability to choose the preferred encoder (either MEncoder or FFmpeg) and codec for video and audio compression.
- Basic DVD authoring capabilities.
- Qt 4
- KDE 4
- FFMPEG libraries (libavcodec / libavformat / libswscale)
Hints, Tips and Troubleshooting
Visit the home page for more details.
Support for this application can be found from the project's home page
This page was last edited on 25 August 2020, at 09:43. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.