- In 2018 when logging in with Phabricator it somehow created a new username for me. I'm the same as User:Skierpage3.
I've followed the project for a while, running KDE-Windows under Windows XP (it's amazing that it works at all, that it works pretty well is astounding!)
2011-11-14: I'm frustrated as heck trying to get information about KDE, but I am going to do something about the wiki part of it instead of (OK, as well as ☺) ) just bitching. Most of the work is taking place on my techbase page, but some of it applies here, like bugs in the Chihuahua skin and the philosophical why have two overlapping wikis.
userbase interwiki issues
interwiki prefixes let you link between wikis. (That first link is an example of one, [[mediawikiwiki:Some link generates an external link to an article on mediawiki.or. But the interwiki prefixes on userbase have some problems:
- It should be easy to link from one wiki to another, using [techbase:Getting Started], but it isn't set up.
- There is a bug prefix, e.g., but why is it language="ᨅᨔ ᨕᨘᨁᨗ" so that it only works for that language?!
- Why is there an empty bugs prefix, e.g.1234 ?
- techbase and userbase have different interwiki maps, e.g. techbase has no wikipedia prefix, but userbase does e.g. wikipedia:Git, though userbase does?!
Better Modify a Page
Kubuntu on my PC
April 2009 I went and installed Kubuntu 9.04 on a spare partition of my Falcon Northwest 2005-vintage Rolls Royce AMD 3000 desktop. Lots of struggle, documented in /Kubuntu 9.04 setup and problems.
That PC had a built-in sound card and a fancy Audigy ZS. KDE System Settings > Multimedia and ALSA were always confused about them. The Audigy ZS stuttered and screeched. I figured out how to switch them around, details in /Multiple audio devices
2011 new desktop
Upgrading Kubuntu to 9.10, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 all went fine on my aging desktop, steady improvements though 1 GB is no longer enough. One day its graphics displayed wonky and the next the power supply sparked and smoked. I inserted my hard drive into another AMD+ATI PC, an HP Pavilion a1012x. When I tell it to boot off the second drive it boots right up into Kubuntu and everything works fine!
... Except the new PC has two CD drives and disks don't automount or offer to play, see /CD drive woes