- 1 Als gewone taken onwennig zijn
- 2 Hoe kan ik extra KDE-software installeren?
- 3 How do I install drivers for wifi/video/other hardware?
- 4 File Management on Steroids
- 5 Renaming Multiple Files
- 6 Configuration Help
- 7 Where did my Favourite Application go?
Als gewone taken onwennig zijn
Als de Plasma werkomgeving nieuw voor u is zullen waarschijnlijk veel alledaagse taken onwennig aanvoelen. Sommige dingen zijn totaal nieuwe concepten, andere dingen zijn gewoon net iets anders dan u verwacht. Er zijn veel screencasts over hoe u Plasma-taken kunt uitvoeren op deze How-To pagina.
Hoe kan ik extra KDE-software installeren?
Het installeren van software op uw computer (het maakt niet uit of die KDE SC of GNOME gebruikt) hangt vooral af van het softwarebeheersysteem van uw distributie. Neem contact op met de leverancier van uw distributie voor meer informatie.
How do I install drivers for wifi/video/other hardware?
Installing hardware drivers for networking or video is a task that most distributions take care of. Different distributions use different tools for configuring hardware. Please consult with your distribution first for more information.
File Management on Steroids
Dolphin is your new file manager, but it looks and feels very different from older file managers. Learn how to enable previews, give yourself quick access to the directories you use most, and choose how much detail you see about your files. All this and more in this File Management tutorial
Using a more traditional file manager
Konqueror is primarily a web interface, but it can also function as a traditional file manager. If this is your preference, in System Settings, go to the and click on . In the list of Known Types, go to the inode/directory type. In the tab at the right side of the window, select Konqueror in the Application Preference Order and click on the button until it is at the top. Click on to save the changes.
Renaming Multiple Files
There are times when you need to rename a large number of files or folders at the same time. This is often referred to as "batch renaming," and can be accomplished a number of ways in KDE.
Dolphin has a ability to rename multiple files by numbering them, though the functionality is currently limited and only useful in certain situations. One useful application would be renaming a set of photos. Here's how it's done
KRename has the ability to rename large numbers of files based on many different criteria, including search and replace, file properties, mp3 & ogg metadata, and many others.
KRename can be found in the Kickoff menu in the Utilities section. It may be called "Bulk Rename".
Full KDE on Small Screens (e.g. Netbooks)
- The Plasma Netbook Interface is customised to make the most of the available space and automatically configures window management to give full room to applications.
- KWin's page has hints for slimming down window decorations, making fonts smaller, and disabling tooltips in KMail.
Where did my Favourite Application go?
- Finding your Application Some applications have changed names when ported to the new KDE platforms. You may find your favourite on this page.