- Supports a wide range of old as well as modern webcams, cameras and camcorders
- Multi-track format allows interleaving of video and sound
- Auto-save and undo support
- Audio files, in multi-track, can be cut to tight synchronisation with your video
- A wide range of effects and transitions are included and can be customized
- Wide range of supported codecs for both input and output: DV (PAL/NTSC), MPEG2 (PAL/NTSC/HDV), Flash FLV, WMV, AVCHD (HDV), H.264, H.265, WebM (VP8, VP9), lossless ProRes, MP3, AC3, OGG Vorbis, FLAC and more
Learn Kdenlive with:
- QuickStart for a short hands-on tutorial.
- Manual for elaborate description of Kdenlive.
- Tutorials mostly for learning specific tools or effects.
Kdenlive has made appearances in the tech press:
- 2009-10-15 Linux Journal wrote a comprehensive review, which ended with the verdict "There's a lot to like about Kdenlive, and I like it a lot. Its feature set is full enough to satisfy basic desktop video production needs, and its workflow is uncomplicated and easy to learn."
Kdenlive is available in multiple GNU/Linux distribution repositories, but also as Appimage, Flatpack and Snap. Kdenlive is also available for Windows and old version are also available for MacOS. For more information consult the Kdenlive download page.