Before you Start
First Things First
- Anyone can contribute to UserBase, without registering an account. We do recommended that you create an account, as it has real advantages, as you can see on the Quick Start page. There you will also find help to register and log in.
- Be aware that your contribution will be governed by the licenses Gnu Free Document Licence and Creative Commons. Click on the images in the Navigation Panel to read the details. You are agreeing to your contribution being publicly available and that others can use that information on their own sites.
- Use the Talk page to communicate with other contributors or get help. Normally someone will get back to you within a day.
It should relate to KDE software, directly or indirectly. We define it like this:
- For New Users - helping to get started
- For Regular Users - learning about new features and tips
- For Advanced Users - but use sub-pages for this.
- Not for Developers - Techbase is the place for that
Ways to Contribute
Update Existing Content
Add New Pages
- Create a new page, showcase an application, introduce a new concept.
- Write a manual. You need to know an application quite well, and probably to be in contact with the author. We can help you.
Working with Languages
|It's important to be consistent, particularly in Manuals, so here are some general rules:
- Take care with heading levels - we start at second level (Mediawiki uses top level for page-name), using ==
- Make application name formatting consistent (avoid using Amaroks, do use Amarok's).
- Ensure that all images are in PNG format (you can use JPEG (.jpeg, not .jpg) as well, but in this case you should convert your images to PNG later. Save work by converting them before you start 16px.
- Remove all non-printable characters from image names.
Hints and Tips
Some Preferences that will help -
- If you don't have  links against the sections, open your
(in the section of the sidebar) then look for and in the set
- While you are in those settings, enable
- while you are editing you can glance at the original display for reference
- The default display is to show the preview first, with the edit box below. If you prefer the edit box at the top you can change that setting in the same place
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.