Skôr ako začnete
Prvé veci najskôr
- Přispívat do UserBase můžete až po registraci vašeho účtu.Způsob registrace a přihlášení k vašemu účtu naleznete na stránce Stručný návod.
- Be aware that your contribution will be governed by the twin licenses for which icon-links are provided in the side-bar of each page. Click on the images in the Navigation Panel to read the details. You are agreeing to your contribution being publicly available and that others can use that information on their own sites.
- Use the Talk page to communicate with other contributors or get help. Normally someone will get back to you within a day.
All content added to the wikis should relate to KDE software, directly or indirectly. Currently the following wikis are intended for the following content.
UserBase is for user content of any kind. E.g.
- For New Users - helping to get started
- For Regular Users - learning about new features and tips
- For Advanced Users - but use sub-pages for this.
Community is for developers and developer-focused information and tutorials, the exception to this is code documentation which should be part of the relevant repository.
It is currently in the process of being retired with any useful information being moved to Community or other docs (see this issue for further details).
Aktualizácia existujúceho obsahu
- Update an image, replacing an outdated image with a newer one.
- Create a screenshot
- Modify existing content, fix a spelling, clarify a description, add more details.
Pridanie nových stránok
- Create a new page, showcase an application, introduce a new concept.
- Write a manual. You need to know an application quite well, and probably to be in contact with the author. We can help you.
Práca s jazykmi
- Preparing a page for translation needs more patience than skill. If you can spare short periods of time, frequently, this is a very helpful task.
- Translate a page. You need to be fluent in a language, but not a professional translator to translate a wiki page. Translating manuals is the skill of a special team. That page also points you to instructions for translating sidebar links.
- Translate with Off-Line Tools. Get the essentials for Gettext and Import.
- How To Convert UserBase Manual to Docbook gives you an insight into the process that takes place on your finished manual.
- WikiSentinel is a specialized feed reader that collects the translated pages that need to be updated. It allows you to see a preview of the changes in the selected page and open it directly in the web browser: ready to translate.
- Take care with heading levels - we start at second level (Mediawiki uses top level for page-name), using ==
- Make sure you refer frequently to this page and to Typographical Guidelines
- Check if all table cells have space after the pipe character. This rule conforms with traditional wiki formatting.
- Make application name formatting consistent (avoid using Amarok's, do use Amarok's).
- Ensure that all images are in PNG format (you can use JPEG as well, but in this case you should convert your images to PNG later). Save work by converting them before you start .
- Remove all non-printable characters from image names.
Tipy a triky
Some Preferences that will help -
- At the top of the page you will find the menu. In the section you may want to enable - while you are editing you can glance at the original display for reference
- The default display is to show the preview first, with the edit box below. If you prefer the edit box at the top you can change that setting in the same place