- Creating Calendars Using digiKam- make a personalised calendar
- Remove Red Eyes From Your Pictures Using digiKam helps you get rid of that demonic look!
- How to export and import pictures to Picasa web using digiKam
- How to download Facebook albums by using digiKam
- How to find duplicate images on digiKam!
- Adding Borders To Your Photos
- Configure the Main Toolbar in digiKam
- Import Photos in digiKam
- Process Photos with digiKam’s Batch Queue Manager and a Bash Script
- Disable Certain File Types in digiKam
- Tag your Photos (with focus on efficiency)
- Convert Photos to Black and White with digiKam shows you the tools for quick results.
- Add a dramatic effect by a simple toning technique.
- Adding Textures To Your Images Using digiKam Some images look a little flat and benefit from the addition of a texture.
- Generating aspect ratio crops in digiKam for use with particular monitor size or shape.
- Applying Image Effects Using digiKam - make your images look like paintings!
- Straighten Your Pictures Using digiKam brings those horizons back into line.
- Add a Vintage Effect in digiKam
- Simulate a Faded Effect in digiKam
- Use Adobe Photoshop Curve Presets with digiKam
- Sharpening in Digikam teaches how to get the best results using the parameters available
Advanced Image Editing
- Exposure Blending deals with those difficult, high contrast photographs.
- Lens Distortion helps you correct those inevitable distortions.
- The Local Contrast Tool deals with photographs where specific areas are under- or over-exposed.
- The Levels Adjustment Tool adjusts brightness and contrast.
- Re-compress Images Using digiKam discusses the level of compression used in .jpg images.
- Reducing Noise Using digiKam
- Work with Photo Metadata in digiKam tells you how to view and edit the metadata stored with your images.
- How to create panoramas in digiKam 2.1 - stitch your photos together to make a great panorama.
- Process Film Negatives with digiKam - digitise photos from your old camera
- Export Photos from digiKam via DLNA - Need to get your photos from one computer to another? This is for you.
- Create a Bleach Bypass Effect in digiKam
New features in 2.0
- New Features in digiKam 2: Color Labels and Picks
- Versioning in digiKam 2 - save modified versions of an image while keeping the original untouched.
- Face Recognition in digiKam 2
- Using XMP Sidecar support in digiKam 2 beta 3 - Write metadata into a linked file
- Geotagging in digiKam 2.0 - the new interface, with Reverse Geotagging.
- Geotag Photos with your Android Camera and digiKam
- Tethered Shooting with digiKam
Searching and Sorting
- Batch Renaming of Photos suggests ways to automate naming your photos that improve cataloging them.
- Face Detection In digiKam
- Performing Fuzzy Searches In digiKam - lost a picture because you can't remember its name or where you filed it? You need a fuzzy search.
- Using the Advanced Search Tool In digiKam
- digiKam Housekeeping with the Maintenance Tool
- Watermark Photos tells how to use batch processing to add watermarks to your images.
- Install digiKam on Windows explaining the use of the Windows installer and providing a link to a tutorial for those who prefer to compile the latest version.
- Sieve through Photos with digiKam’s Light Table Tool is perfect for comparing a series of photographs to find the best one for your purpose.
- Geotag Photos with Open GPS Tracker and digiKam tells how to get GPS data into your images' metadata.
- Batch Process Photos in digiKam improves your Batch Processing skills, including using the Batch Queue Manager.
- Apply EXIF Metadata to Multiple Photos. especially useful when importing from negatives or slides.
- Manage Photos from Multiple digiKam Installations - if you have photos on more than one computer, this is for you.
- Using digiKam with MySQL - how to migrate your data to MySQL so that you can use a server for your photos.
- Assign Keyboard Shortcuts to Tags in digiKam
- Optimise digiKam’s Performance..and increase productivity
- How to enable fast thumbnail loading in digiKam
- Check and Optimize digiKam’s Databases helps you improve performance.
- Soft Proofing in digiKam
- Export Photos to Wikimedia Commons with digiKam
Working with cameras and RAW files
- Process Raw Files in digiKam
- Step through processing that difficult RAW shot
- Convert RAW Files to DNG with DNGConverter will be of interest to users of high-end cameras.
- Batch Convert Your RAW Files Using digiKam…. shows how to convert RAW files to other formats, using the wizard.
- Writing Meta Data To Raw Files In digiKam
- Lens Corrections Using digiKam - No lens is perfect.
Help digiKam to improve
You, the user, can help to improve digikam. Dmitry Popov tells you how to report bugs or wishes
A collection of PDF's of Mohamed Malik's Digikam tutorials is available from this site.
Dmitri Popov's eBook "digiKam Tricks" is available from his web site