||Kate (KDE Advanced Text Editor), the big sister of text editing applications
Kate has all the features of KWrite, and much more. It is a multi-document or multi-view editor, which means that you can have several documents open at the same time, or you can have several views of the same document.
"Document Modified" warning
||Document modification monitoring gives you ample warning of danger.
Kate's many features include
- Multi-Document Interface
- Window tabbing and window splitting
- Character encoding support and conversion
- Syntax highlighting and bracket matching
- Code and text folding
- Block selection
- Regular Expression find and replace
- Project support documented here
and much more
Visit the project pages for more information
- Where did Kate go?
- It is often thought that Kate is missing, as it is usually not listed in distribution repositories. In fact it is now part of a larger development package, so you must install kdesdk.
- How can I print out with Line Numbers?
- In the dialog click on the button, choose the tab and tick the box.
This page was last modified on 21 February 2015, at 09:06. This page has been accessed 25,341 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 and the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.