It is assumed that if you intend translating pages off-line you have some experience with Lokalize or a similar tool, therefore this page only addresses the on-line part of the process, the part that is carried out within UserBase.
- Request addition to the Translator group:
- Click on Get a Translator Account in the sidebar
- Click on the
tab and enter your username, the language you want to translate for and if you intend to translate off-line
- Use to save the information
- When your user has been added to the group (you should get an e-mail notification), click on Start Translating in the sidebar
- Enter the language you want to translate to in and click on (You can select to suppress pages that are 100% complete.)
- Choose your page to work on, from the list presented - this will take you to the tool where you choose on-line or off-line translation.
- In order to reduce the risk of edit conflicts, upload your work frequently. You can continue to work on other sections from your downloaded file - import will know which sections are new.
Export the page
- The top combi-box should be set to .
- Check that the page-name and language are correctly set.
Import the new translation
Initially you are requested to send the translated file to us. Here is the procedure:
- Use the link in the sidebar to import your file.
- Place a message on New Imports giving the filename of the upload.
Once we have confirmed that there are no problems with the upload we will give you permission to upload translations directly yourself.
This page was last modified on 10 June 2012, at 09:24. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.