|The dedicated file manager focusing on usability|
На першый погляд проґрам є звычайным інштрументом про керованя файлів, але він має богатшы можности. Серед тых можностей:
- Split windows - view and use two directories at the same time
- Viewing attributes can be set (and remembered) independently for each window
- Tabbed browsing
- Use the optional informational panel on the right
- Or elect to have essential attribute information displayed in the window
- Use 'breadcrumb' navigation for speed
- One-click change to editable navigation bar
- Add Folders panel for traditional navigation
- Add a terminal in the directory you are currently browsing
- Many functions controlled by keyboard shortcuts
Hints, Tips and Troubleshooting
Problem: Dolphin's menu entriesand/or don't have any options. Nepomuk is enabled in System Settings.
- Solution: Rename the folder ~/.kde4/share/apps/dolphin (in some distros it will be ~/.kde/share/apps/dolphin) and restart dolphin. This will purge your dolphin customizations but the entries should be back. If everything works as expected you can then delete the folder. This happened to me after an upgrade from KDE 4.4 to 4.5
Problem: When I choose the application to open a specific filetype with, it seems to affect other filetypes too. It’s like Dolphin cannot tell the difference between the two different filetypes.
- Solution: Probably the KDE platform does not know about one of the two filetypes, so it associates the filetype to a different, known filetype. This is common with XML-based filetypes; even if they use a file extension of their own (e.g. .xliff or .graphml), if they are not a filetype known by the KDE platform, they will be treated as any other XML file, and opened with the default application to open XML files.
- To solve this issue, you can use File Associations to create an entry for the unrecognized filetype.
Problem: Dolphin's Find File service doesn't find files you know are on your computer.
- Solution: Reindex Baloo. Baloo is a file indexing and search service that Dolphin uses to search for files. It needs to be indexed to work. To solve this problem, in a terminal type, balooctl check
Problem: There is no file transfer dialog.
- Solution: As of KDE 5 jobs like file transfers are handled by default in centralized notification system; file transfer is also shown in task manager. To enable separate file transfer dialog disable file transfer tracking on both the System Tray notification area and the task manager plasmoid and re-login.
File management, file manager, file browser, tags, metadata, Nepomuk